College and Retirement – You Can Do Both
Parents of college-bound high school students are often faced with the financial challenges of the cost of living today, paying for college in just a couple of years and retiring in the not so distant future. Wayne Smith Financial Services show families how to navigate their way through the college years without jeopardizing their own retirement.
College Planning Solutions Might Include:
- Reducing a family's Effective Family Contribution (EFC)
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Sheltering certain assets that may be included to pay for the Cost of Attendance (COA)
- The best and worst ways to borrow money for college
- Why a retirement analysis for Mom and Dad is critical for a successful college plan.